In order to be considered for any of our open positions, salary requirements MUST be included with the resume.Interested and qualified candidates may apply by sending a completed resume and salary requirements to:
And by applying directly through the job board in which the job is posted (eg. careerbuider.com or ziprecruiter.com or Department of Workforce Solutions)
New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the information in this site is available in alternate formats upon request.
A credit, criminal background check, and pre employment drug screen is required for all positions.
POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Collections Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Operations / Collections
GRADE: Non-exempt 12
MINIMUM SALARY: $13.00/hr
New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation (NMEAF) is looking for Customer Service Collectors to reach out to students, assist in getting them out of default, and make it possible for them to continue their education.
NMEAF supports the entire customer lifecycle that includes customer acquisition, full loan servicing, delinquency management, and collections utilizing a combination of voice, chat, email, SMS, and interactive voice messaging channels. As a result, employees enjoy the opportunity to grow, develop and build long-term careers in exciting industries, and supporting the best brands in business.
Every day, we aim to live up to creating exceptional customer experiences. However, giving back matters just as much – it is not only our mission, but also our culture. As a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, we have been dedicated to helping New Mexico families plan, prepare, and pay for college since 1981.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Ability to negotiate payment arrangements while maintaining a manner which shows empathy, tact, and professionalism.
- Analyze credit profiles, loan histories, and customer financial situations.
- Maintain knowledge of unique client collection programs, determine the most beneficial program for the consumer, and assist the consumer through the completion of the program; including performing mathematical calculations using system tools, completing paperwork and regular follow-up with the consumer.
- Counsel consumers to assist in finding funds to meet their payment obligations.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls to consumers, employers, references, and creditors while consistently following company’s collection call model and techniques.
- Consistently and accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Demonstrate effective skip tracing techniques by locating consumer contact information.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Make recommendations to implement process improvements.
- Meet monthly individual and team goals as set by the Department Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Paid training and career advancement opportunities.
- You'll enhance your problem solving skills while helping others regain their financial footing.
- Competitive base pay plus monthly bonus opportunities with a comprehensive benefit package; including: 13 paid holidays, retirement plan with 7% employer contribution, and medical, dental, vision insurance (partial employee contribution).
- Casual, fun work environment where we value character, integrity and accountability.
Three years of collection, credit, or customer service experience. Call center experience is preferred. Education may be substituted in lieu of experience.
Equivalent to a high school diploma. Business college courses desirable. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Ability to work in a standard office environment including ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, and crouch, stoop, squat, twist, and lift 25 lbs.
Exercises no supervision.
POSITION TITLE: Digital Media Strategist
GRADE: Exempt 16
MINIMUM SALARY: $50,798
Overview of the Position
You're an experienced content and social marketing professional, seeking a position where your expertise and efforts are valued to drive the expansion of your company’s digital footprint by building brand awareness and engaging your target audience across multiple channels.
We are seeking a passionate and proficient “Content Guru” who looks to make a significant impact on the success of the company through content and social strategy, planning, creation, editing, dissemination and measurement.
Reporting to the President, our Content Strategist and Social Marketing Evangelist will be responsible for defining short and long term content strategies, tactical content development goals and executing content delivery strategies successfully.
Your primary mission will be to expand awareness, build the brand, increase subscribers and increase leads in partnership with other Marketing team members and key business owners. You will start by developing a comprehensive content strategy and delivery plan working with key business owners across the company that covers all channels and platforms including social media, web, email and paid search campaigns Equally important is the development and execution of measurement strategies that will track and gauge content quality and performance so that you have real-time information to continually modify and improve content effectiveness.
As our brand gatekeeper, you will promote and maintain a consistent brand image and voice in all content areas including website, social media, email and print products. You will be the arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
Your proven track record over the past several years can be defined by the success you have had driving the company's content and social media strategies, developing the necessary content deploying and measuring the content success and, at times, managing external vendors. You love a challenge, don't need to be micro-managed and excel in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive digital media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all NMEAF brands and products.
- Lead the development and evolution of NMEAF’s online presence.
- Lead the development of organization-wide digital media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for digital media.
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
- Mentor and provide training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for the web and social media..
- Work with all NMEAF brands to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the B2C marketing
- Proven track record successfully developing and implementing B2C content strategies for websites, social media, email and other channels to increase user engagement and conversions
- Well versed in multi-channel content creation and online marketing, social media, SEO/SEM, branding, digital media trends
- Excellent editorial and narrative writing and editing skills, proven ability to create compelling content and adapt to different channels
- Experience using social media platforms and SEM to promote websites
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Outstanding ability to lead, schedule, organize, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with effective content distribution methods and experience using content management tools and programs.
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web project
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skill
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
- Experience with creating and identifying quality digital media content related to higher education, student loans, and healthcare is preferred
- Experience developing and launching email and text messaging campaigns preferred
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador is absolutely required
- Data, analytics, and metrics oriented
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Design Suite CS4 or CS5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash)
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSSKnowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems.
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist (Temp to Hire)
DEPARTMENT: Document Management
GRADE: Non-exempt 9
MINIMUM SALARY: $10.38/hr
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate personnel and greeting all visitors in a professional manner.
Exercises no supervision.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Answers telephones and directs callers to the appropriate department and/or employee.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company, determines the nature of the visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
- Takes and receives messages and correspondence for various personnel.
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public ask for assistance when needed.
- Accept payments from borrowers and balance the drawer daily.
- Work document management queues daily as assigned.
- Work locate mail when assigned.
- Merge, print, and mail letters (60-day past due, Income Based Repayment, skip, forbearance).
- Review and make corrections to forbearances ordered by other departments and mail them to borrowers.
- Review forbearance reject report, notify Operations department of possible reprints, and make notation in the servicing system.
- Process, merge, and print loan verification certificates and notate the servicing system. Mail completed certificates to Direct Loans.
- Reprocess and return underpaid loan verification certificates to Direct Loans and notate the servicing system.
- Remove borrowers from the Easy Pay program that are 30 days or more past due. Notate the servicing system and send letter to the borrower.
- Check for any returned electronic billing statements.
- Re-disclose accounts if necessary.
- Work, merge, and print disclosure report.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Honesty/Integrity/Trustworthiness – Being sincere, truthful and ethical.
- Oral & Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas, both verbally and in writing, so others will understand. Proficiency in business writing and active listening highly recommended.
- Establishing & Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Teamwork – The ability to interact effectively in a team environment, complete assigned tasks accurately and on time and the skill to solve conflict in a positive manner.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving – Analyzing information and evaluating results to determine the best solution and solve problems.
- Interacting with Computers – Knowledge of applicable computer systems and software programs.
- Dependability & Accountability – Being reliable, responsible, and dependable. Fulfilling obligations in a timely manner.
- Initiative – Anticipate needs and take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance – Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Conflict Resolution Skills – Resolving issues as soon as they arise through collaborative efforts with the senior of the Department.
- Self Control – Maintaining composure and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Providing Solutions -- Developing solutions on processes that need attention.
- Customer Service (External & Internal) – Meeting customer’s needs in a timely manner, actively looking for ways to help others, and understanding service principles and processes; customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.Organizing, Planning, & Prioritizing Work – Managing one’s own time. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Maintaining Confidentiality – Safekeeping and protecting data. Non-disclosure of customer, employee and business partner information.
- Knowledge of paper flow, filing techniques, and literature.
- Knowledge of photocopying equipment.
- Techniques of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Some general office or clerical experience is desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment including ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, and lift 25 lbs.; ability to travel to different sites and locations.