Content Row Style:
There are many federal and state student loan debt relief programs and benefits available to nurses, doctors, and health care professionals.
Disable Mouseover Effect:
Content Row Style:
NMSL Nurses for New Mexico
Nurses for New Mexico is a program by NMEAF and New Mexico Student Loans to address the nursing shortage in New Mexico.
What are the benefits of the Nurses for New Mexico Program?
- No interest will be charged when an eligible loan enters repayment for nurses who work full-time in New Mexico providing health care in a qualifying public or private facility.
- Eligible Consolidation loans will have the interest reduced to 1.25% when the nurse works full-time in New Mexico providing health care in a qualifying public or private facility.
NMSL MDs for New Mexico
NMEAF and New Mexico Student Loans is proud to offer MDs for New Mexico, a program to help retain graduating medical students and address the ongoing shortage of practicing physicians in New Mexico.
What are the benefits of NMSL MDs for New Mexico?
Qualifying doctors get 0% interest when your federal loans enter repayment.
- Have your interest reduced to 1.25% on qualifying consolidated loans.
NMSL MDs for New Mexico Physician Working outside the State of New MexicoNew Mexico Student Loans and NMEAF also offers a reduced interest rate program for physician’s working outside the state of New Mexico who graduated from UNM Medical School.
What are the benefits of the NMSL Physicians Out-of-State Program?
- Your outstanding principal balance will be reduced by 4.5% after receiving 33 on-time monthly Payments.
New Mexico Higher Education Department Health Professional Loan Repayment Program
The NMSL program provides student loan repayments for practicing health professionals who commit to practice full-time in a designated facility in New Mexico. Learn more
Federal Loan Programs for Health Care Professionals
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Loan Programs
- Faculty Loan Repayment This repayment program is for health professionals faculty members at a health professions schools.
- National Health Services Corps Primary care providers in eligible disciplines can have part of their federal loans repaid with this program.
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program This program supports RNs, APRNs, and nurse faculty in repaying education loans for nurses serving in eligible facilities located in areas experiencing a shortage of nurses.